Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Angels In Human Form...

***Technically this incident happened on Thursday, June 17, 2010***

It was a normal day, (like any other work day) and did what I do best; Take an hour to get ready! Haha! So I left my house, and to my surprise (as I literally jumped while opening the front door) there was a beautiful Hummingbird at the front door RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I was quite startled and kinda mesmerized as it was just hanging out smelling and taking the nectar from a few of the flowers in the front yard. I thought to myself, "Lord, I know You're there and watching over me and I praise Your name for that!" As I continue to think about this precious little hummingbird, I again think to myself, "Father, as I look in utter amazement at this beautiful little creature that you have made, I can't help but to think that You also made me, with the same beauty and magnificence! I am so humbled by Your grace and mercy that You have on us and that You gave us the opportunity of 'Free Will' just as You did to this precious Hummingbird. And like the Hummingbird, we may fly closer to you or further away, and yet You still have an Agape love towards us."
As the morning went on, I happened to get to work 45 minutes early so I parked and changed for my work day. I planned on going to Whole Foods to look around but as we know, things don't always go as planned..Thank you for that Lord! I ended up parking on the street and saw an older African American man walk right past me while giving me a nice greeting, "Hello young lady!" as he passed me. I of course said Hello back and he asked how I was doing.. I told him I was great and getting ready for work and he responded by saying, "Thank God for that!" I agreed as always, giving thanks to my precious Lord. For the next few minutes we chatted and I found out he was indeed homeless, doing a little bit of everything to made money (i.e. washing car windshields, mowing lawns, shining shoes, ect.) It honestly broke my heart that my new friend, "Ruben" had been doing anything he could just to live..It reminded me of Matthew 6:26...

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" -Matthew 6:26 NIV


It also coincidentally reminded me of of of my favorite songs by Carrie Underwood, "Change." The opening verse and chorus of the song go like this...


"What'cha gonna do with the 36 cents Sticky with Coke on your floorboard When a woman on the street is huddle in the cold On a sidewalk vent trying to keep warm Do you call her over hand her the change Ask her a story ask her her name Or do you tell yourself You're just a fool Just a fool To believe you can change the world You're just a fool Just a fool To believe you can change the world"

After a few minutes of chatting with Ruben, he eventually asked me for money (which I knew he would do) but since my heart went out to him, I knew I had to. I offered to buy him food at first but he said he had ate last night so he was held over for now.He said he just wanted a few bucks to get a hotel room downtown for a shower and to rest. I didn't have any change so I went to Baskin Robbins and got some change for him. He thanked me quite a few times and even said "You are the kind of people that make the world go round. You were sent by God and are an angel!" It made me feel good to help someone like that. :) We finally parted ways and I went back to my car and when I turned back around to say bye, he was GONE!! Hmmm...Once again, this reminded me of a bible scripture I once heard about God testing us. Here it is...

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." -Hebrews 13:2
So...basically, I know that God puts us in situations and spots for a reason. Maybe Ruben was an Angel sent by God to test me and see where my heart was, maybe not. I guess I will never know this side of Heaven but I will never forget this honest, humble man I met on the streets of Beverly Hills. :)
I dedicate this blog posting to you Ruben..where ever you may be! Blessings!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment