Powered by Blogger.
RSS

A day at the movies...




















Today was a pretty relaxing and yet reflecting day! Day off from work today, so my Dad and I decided to go see "Toy Story 3." It was by far, the best one of the three. Really made me want to go find my old toys from my childhood and play with them all over again. Hats off to the dynamic due, Disney & Pixar once again! =)


Here's a review I read that compared a lot of the similarities in Toy Story 3 to Christianity:
(**Warning** Don't read unless you have already watched Toy Story 3)

SPOILER ALERT, don’t read any more if you have not seen the movie! Totally agree on the biblical theme. I am no expert on the bible but this is what I gathered after the second time I saw the film; it became very clear. They toys were running from their owner toward Lotso. He deceived them into thinking they were going to be happy in hell, then locked them in so they could not escape. During the toys’ ride toward death, when Lotso refused to push the button to save them from death, he said “Where’s your kid now?” just as Jesus was taunted during his march toward crucifixion. Additionally, the toys were supposed to go to the “attic” (heaven), and await a new life of play with Andy’s children. Also, Lotso tells the toys that they don’t need an owner, that “they own themselves,” that is, OK to be godless.
On the other side of things, spend the night by myself, with a nice glass of wine, a brand new book, "Pray Eat Love" and an old DVD.. "Sex and the City." (The first one)
I think in reflecting on the second movie of the evening, (Sex and the City) just made me realize how funny life can be sometime; Never stops, keeps on going weather you're ready for it or not. Life has some great times, like celebrations, girls night out, shopping, cocktails and weddings and not so great moments; heartbreak, confusion, anger, worry, and plain ol' sadness. But I guess there are times when you never think you'll laugh again (like Carrie) cause life sure knows how to throw some curve balls at you, but in the end, you know that life will go on and one day (weather next week or next year) the sun WILL shine again. Made me think a lot about my life and what a crazy year this has been for me but especially on how I've managed to survive!

So after a nice, quiet evening by myself, a few movies, a nice chat with a stranger from Australia and true happiness, here's to the start of Summer 2010 and a brand new life just waiting for me! =)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment