Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Surprises around every corner corner (literally)

Um... As I write this, I'm STILL in shock from the crazy, unexpected day I have had. I'm in disbelief and yet am still alive to talk about it. I titled today's blog "Surprises around every corner (literally)" and that title couldn't ring more true...! =)

So today is Tuesday, July 6, 2010....probably (well heck, absolutely) a day I will ALWAYS remember!! It was a normal day, worked in the afternoon, then tried to work this evening but was unsuccessful, and in Hein sight, extremely happy I didn't!
I decided to kill sometime by hanging out in LA rather then sit in 2 1/2 hours of rush hour traffic on the way home today, and boy am I ecstatic that I did! I went to the Grove, outdoor mall and the Farmers Market in Los Angeles. It was very relaxing and a gorgeous day out so why not. I parked and walked out of my car and made my first stop at the Farmers Market to check it out since I've never been there before. I was walking while texting so I'd say I was pretty distracted but as I was walking down one of the aisle ways, I heard a familiar voice out of the blew and to my utter amazement as I look up from my phone, I turn around to see where the voice was coming from and it was no other then A.J. McLean from the Backstreet Boys...


Ok, in order to get the nostalgia from this story as I'm hoping to accomplish here, let's take a little trip down memory lane...
FLASHBACK to the year 1997...

I'm just a cute naive little 12 year old in middle school when this hot new band emerges on the scene..they call themselves "The Backstreet Boys," or BSB for short. The group includes 5 young attractive guys.. Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough, Nick Carter, Kevin Richardson and A.J. McLean. They are a hot new boy band much like New Kids on the Block, only better and more handsome. I was a HUGE fan when their first album came out (I even had it on audio cassette back in the day)
So...long story short, 13 years later...I am now 25, and STILL a fan! Pathetic, I know..but I can't help it. They are extremely gifted guys with amazing voices and big hearts! AND they are still together, (unlike any other boy band out there, HA!) still recording new albums in the studio and continuing to be a hit!
Okay, so back to my story now that you have a little bit of background on my long 13 year obsession.. I was pretty nervous, scared, anxious, practically having a panic attack from the shock of being 5 feet away from him in the flesh! :) I finally had the guts to go up to him and Rochelle (his gorgeous fiance.) I saw him head back to his table with a tray and drinks for their lunch and when he got back to the table, I went for it!! ...Here's how what I said...
"I thought that was you guys! I don't mean to interrupt, but I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I went to your concert, and you were amazing!"
He said thank you very much!
"Congratulation on the engagement by the way! (They both said thank you!)
When's the big day? <---asked class="goog-spellcheck-word" span="" style="background-color: yellow; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">rochelle
..="" data-blogger-escaped-span="">
She said, "Next May."
Wow, that's awesome, congrats! Well I don't want to take up more of your time but it was nice meeting you."
He said, "No problem, take care and have a good night!"
I said, "Thanks again, take care!"
That's it... 13 years later and it came down to this.. 60 second of conversation and an amazing experience I will NEVER forget!! Woo-hoo!!! :)
***UPDATE:***
That's right, there's more...believe it or not!!
October 20th was the second encounter...
He was in my restaurant!! Can't believe it but it happened..again! He was super casual, in a business meeting with William Morris Talent Agency. Super nice, and amazed that he came into my job. WOW... I have the best luck ever!! :)
Happy days, happy days! ;)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment