Powered by Blogger.
RSS

A day of "Discovery"


"Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

That was my lesson for the day!...

God is good, God is perfect, God is ALL knowing, God is everywhere (Omnipresent), God's will is perfect (Omnipotent), God knows all; sees all; hears all (Omniscient), He knows the desires of our hearts (1 Chronicles 28:9), God protects, God's timing and Will are in His hands and most of all, God loves us with everything He is! AMEN!

Today was a day that started off quite tough. My morning started by getting up early (7:00 am)..(HEY, that's early for me!) and heading to work. :/ We had a store meeting at 9 am for a food training class on the new items we are now offering as well as items that will be discontinued. An hour and 30 minutes later, it was FINALLY over! We learned a ton as it was a very productive meeting.

Immediately following the meeting, Morgan and I (Co-worker of mine) went to get REAL breakfast at Urth Coffee on Beverly Dr. in Beverly Hills, down the street from our job) We enjoyed some fresh scones and loves organic lattes. (Mine, pictured on the right) We parted ways for a few hours, so I went to Coffee Bean across from the Beverly Center and found a cute little nail place called Tina's Nails. I killed a few hours then met Morgan once again, this time at the Beverly Center. We walked around and killed some time chattin' talking, laughing and "window-shopping" as we're both poor at the moment. LOL. We once again parted ways later so I found an awesome place in LA called "The Grove." It's an outdoor mall with tons of high-end shops, restaurants and even a movie theater. :) It was fun walking around and enjoying some nice alone time. I spent about 45 minutes there until I sadly had to get to Beverly Hills to work this evening dinner shift.

I got to work at 5:30 pm, and at this point was already exhausted from a LONG day. I was a bit discouraged when I saw the section I was in but knew I'd make the most of it. About 20 minutes into my shift, I got a table and another and another. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off for a while and was obviously mentally rained at this point and on my second wind apparently. LOL. And here's where the night got a tad bit interesting...

I had a few people at one of my tables and they happened to be extremely relaxed and eager to know about the restaurant. After being a "tour guide" and showing them around our extensive menu, a few more people joined the fun gathering. They were all so sweet and genuine, felt like I had know them for years. They eventually ordered tons of cocktails and wine, "Teasers", Entrées and eventually Dessert. At one point as I'm closing out most of my other tables, they as me for a favor. They figured since I was a tad bit younger then they were, (in their 50-60's) they as if I could help them get on the internet browser on one of the ladies' phone. I tried but failed. Nothing seemed to happen. So after a few more check backs, we chatted for a bit about what they were looking for so I offered my help. They were looking for an actor's house that they knew personally I suppose. I didn't know who they were talking about as it was clearly over my head. Hmmmm...

A little while later, they complimented me over and over again about how great my personality was, the outstanding service they had received from me, and how I was a "Superstar". They were super nice and sweet and my reply was "Everyone in the restaurant is a superstar as almost everyone is involved in the entertainment business, i.e. Actor, Dancer, Singer..." One gentleman asked what I did so I told him my story of Acting. He asked if I was from here and I said yes. Another gentleman on my left said to me, "Then you might want to shake this man's hand" pointing to a gentleman at the table across from him. I jokingly asked, "And why is that?" The gentleman we were talking about said that he owned "Zephyr Theatre on Melrose in Los Angeles" and he was a director and producer. Long story short, I felt REALLY blessed to even be able to chat and "make friends" with someone of his caliber. He handed me his business card and told me to send him my resume and headshot! WOW!!! This could be HUGE!! I thanked him and walked away, thanking God every step of the way for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!


They eventually got up and left, as a said goodbye to each one of them once again, but then to my surprise, one of the ladies turns to me and says, "today may be your lucky day!" I immediately thanked her and agreed! So now I have this amazing contact, just have to figure out a time to contact him.. Hmmmm... All I have to say is God is good!! =)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment